Most online casinos advertise some type of bonus or free money to encourage you to play there. As with most things in life, there is no free lunch. So before you get upset about being scammed and claim this bonus, keep reading to learn how it all works.
You may first wonder, “Why do online casinos offer this free money?”
It is part of their differentiation and marketing strategy. Online casinos are “skins” of specific software providers. This means that there is no difference in the graphics and licensing, etc., between, for example, all Playtech-powered casinos or all Microgaming-powered ones.
If they look the same underneath, you need to find something that will make you want to play at “X” casino online and not “Y”. A bonus is a way to market to potential players. This includes graphics, licensing, support, and reputation.
After that, you may ask the following question: Ok, Casino X offers $5,000 free. Maybe I’ll sign-up, take my $5,000 and play them out at Casino Y.
This is also a simple answer. You will need to make a deposit in order to receive bonuses at an online casino.
Before we get into the meat of online casino bonuses, there are some additional terms and points that you need to be aware of.
1. Wagering requirements: Many bonuses have playthrough or wagering requirements. This means that you must play a certain amount to withdraw winnings from your account. The wagering requirements for most bonuses are between 15 and 40 times. However, it is important to pay attention to the wagering requirements. Sometimes it is just the bonus amount multiplied X, while in other cases you need to wager both the deposit amount and the bonus bonus X times. This is the most common.
A second thing to remember about wagering requirements is that most online casinos will not allow you to withdraw your winnings if you do not meet the wagering requirements. This is not fair, but it is a fact.
2. Games played: Please read the T&Cs. Many bonuses are only valid for slots games, which is why they are the most lucrative online casino games. This rule will usually be followed by scratch cards and Keno.
Other cases will allow you to use your bonus on any game, but not all games count 100% towards the playthrough requirements. Play on slots will be counted 100%, but roulette will only count 30%. This means that you will need to wager three times more to meet the wagering requirements and withdraw any winnings.
3. Minimum deposit required: To claim a bonus, you will need to make a minimum deposit. This can vary from one case to the next. You will likely deposit it anyway, but it is usually a small amount. It is usually under $50.
We are now all on the same page, and we can all speak the same language. Let’s go over the main types available at online casinos.
1. The most popular type of bonus is the Match bonus. You will receive X% of the amount you deposit for every $ you deposit. Casino Z may offer a 100% match bonus. Deposit $100 to get $100 more. This means you can actually play at the casino with $200. You can only claim a maximum amount of match bonuses. Match bonuses can be used as a standalone bonus or as part of a promotion (more popular at US-friendly online casinos) or as part the welcome bonus.
2. Most online casinos offer a welcome bonus to new players, even if they don’t all. The welcome bonus is the sum total of all possible match bonuses that you accumulate as a new casino player over a certain period of time or within your first X deposit(s), or a combination of both. For example, a casino advertising a $3000 bonus will actually be the maximum you can receive with the 1st, 2nd, and monthly bonus. If you deposit the maximum amount for each match bonus, you can achieve the advertised bonus. You won’t be able to claim the advertised welcome bonus if you deposit less than the minimum amount for each stage. The welcome bonus you receive is the maximum amount of bonus money that you can claim during your first time playing at the casino.
3. The No Deposit Bonus is very simple to understand. This bonus is offered by an online casino and allows you to play real-money games without the need to deposit. This bonus is great for online casinos as it allows new players to try the casino without making a deposit. It can be used in certain countries to solve the trust issue that online casino players face. Online casino players are used to depositing at their preferred online casino and will not be afraid to try out another. Some players won’t make a deposit until they have tried the software and played the games, so a no deposit bonus is a great option. Online casinos offer no deposit bonuses, but others avoid them because they attract the wrong kind of players. Online casino players who do not intend to play for real money will be disqualified. It also puts pressure on the support staff and does not result in any actual results. The truth lies somewhere in between. People claim bonuses without deposit for different reasons.
The bonuses, which are usually for $10 to $15, are typically offered directly to potential clients by the casino or websites associated with them. If you have been fortunate, you will need to meet wagering requirements before you can withdraw your winnings.